Thursday, May 2, 2013

Currently Link-up Week 1



Sooooo this is my first link-up of this kind and I am super excited to be participating! Thanks to Lindsey from OtandEt for twisting my arm!!! (not really) So here is what I've been admiring, caring, loving, cleaning, and creating this week.


admiring: My husband. We sat down on the couch like we do on any usual night after the hectic, chaotic 45 minutes of a bedtime routine, "Des, pick up your toys. Des, take off your clothes. Des, you can't take EVERY car into the bath with you." and we were just talking about life in the near future. He asked me, knowing that yes, I love my job but like most jobs you get tired of the same shit day in and day out, if he could work the hours and bring in enough money if I would consider staying home and REALLY working on what I see myself doing if I would. I sat and thought about it for a little while, (mostly throughout the first 6 minutes of the episode of Lost we were watching) and of course I would. I want nothing more in this world to just be able to focus on my photography. Building my business, making tweaks, taking classes, getting more clients which takes a lot of time, patience, and energy. I've been behind a camera for as long as I can remember. Taking pictures of things that I love, happy faces, coy smiles, and secret kisses. There is something so amazing about capturing people in their element and seeing the love that seeps from their every look. So, after tallying everything up and thinking some more we decided that if his job is heading in the right direction and he gets the promotion he has been waiting for (crossing fingers, toes, and eyes) then I would be able to quit my job and focus on my craft. I admire him for thinking it would be ok for him to work 12 hours 7 days a week so I could put my 2 weeks in like, yesterday, but no silly man, that would kill you.

caring: I have been trying to become better at little surprises to show the people I care about that I love them. I am what you would call a doofus when it comes to the little things. I just think people know that I love and appreciate them, but really, we all love getting a thank you note, a treat when you've had a bad day, and I want them to KNOW I am thinking about them.

loving: The weather here in Sunny South Florida. Not a lick of humidity, warm, breezy. I love spending time samurai sword fighting with Des, splashing in his little pool, and pushing him on his swings. Soon the real Florida summer will be here and I don't think I am prepared. {EDIT: I wrote this after a sunny weekend so of course this WHOLE week has been rainy and humid!}

cleaning: My room is a disaster! No seriously, my craft desk is piled so high with stuff I can't even begin to think about things that I want to accomplish so I ignore it and the pile gets higher and I get sick of it. So this weekend I am working on removing everything from my closet and sorting stuff to give away, sell, donate, and trash. Moving the 2 desks together to create a "business nook" and hoping to find my inspiration for the things floating around in my head.

creating: Memories, hoping to get some layouts for project life going (which coincides with my "cleaning" project, and redoing my photo website.

No comments:

Post a Comment