Monday, August 20, 2012

Mixtape Monday

I think I'll start a little blog series to kick off my return! Most of you don't know much about me (this shall be remedied over time), but if there is one thing you should know it's this...

I AM A MUSIC FIEND!!!

Give me a sweet beat, a slow rhythm, soulful lyrics and I am HOOKED... and acoustic songs... don't even get me started. I just love music.

I thought every Monday I would post a 5 song mixtape of music that reminds me of a certain time, or moment, and explain why these songs are special.

Todays Mixtape - Orlando 2008

I know it's more than 5 songs, this mixtape is one that changed my whole life, opened my eyes, and made me see things differently. I know it sounds cheesy... it kind of is. This is the first mixtape my husband, before he was my husband, ever gave me.

I was heading up to spend the weekend away in Orlando and I needed music for the drive up. He said, "Hey, I got that covered." So in the parking lot of a shopping plaza he handed me my CD, said goodbye, and I drove off to the interstate for a 2 hour trek where I listened to this CD 2 times. It meant to world to me and it seemed like he put so much thought into every song that was placed on it. I still listen to it to this day and it still gives me the same butterflies as it did those 4 years ago.

Orlando '08 by Amy on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment