Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Struggle

Do you know how hard it is to get a toddler to eat? I won't even say that he's a toddler, we'll say preschooler. Here is a run down of events from this morning

7:45 AM - Wakes up, begs me to get out of bed because he's STARVING and can't wait any longer.

7:49 AM - Tired of him smacking me in the face so I begrudgingly get out of bed and do the morning routine as Des follows me around asking for a waffle and fruit and don't forget COFFEE!!!

8:02 AM - Breakfast is on the table (thank you frozen waffles and toaster for making breakfasts fast and easy)
8:07 AM - Make myself first cup of coffee and tell Des to eat.

8:20 AM - Urge him to eat and not play with Samurai sword at the table


8:45 AM - URGE DES TO FINISH HIS WAFFLE AND DON'T PUT YOUR BLUEBERRIES IN YOUR CHOCOLATE ALMOND MILK

8:47 AM - Tell Des to stop staring out the window. 

At least he's eating.

9:15 AM - He finishes and I am contemplating a 3rd cup of coffee. (at least I had time to catch up on my blog reader) 


This is the fight EVERYDAY, not just with breakfast but with lunch and dinner as well. It's frustrating. I want him to be independent and to eat on his own but sometimes it's just easier to pick up his fork and feed him myself.

Anyone else's boy struggle with meal times?


No comments:

Post a Comment